The FSE Tutoring Centers offer FREE drop-in and virtual tutoring to Fulton Schools of Engineering students in undergraduate level coursework.
First time using our centers? Here is a brief rundown of how to get help, and what to expect:
- Make sure there is a tutor available for your class at the time you plan to go for tutoring. View our schedule to see which tutors are available for what classes, when and where
- When you arrive at the center, sign in at the front computer. This checks you in to the center and allows you to submit questions to the queue
- Find a seat and take note of the table number, you will need it to submit questions
- To get your question on the queue, you will need a phone, laptop computer, or other device to access https://fsetc.asu.edu/mobile
- Click “I need a tutor to come help me” to enter your question. Select your course and provide the table number you are seated at
- Once submitted, tutors will get to you as soon as you are next in line! Make sure you have your question ready when they get to you and have any course notes or textbooks needed with you to make the most out of each session. We have laptops, calculators and textbooks available for checkout
- We get extremely busy when assignments are due. We recommend coming in early and often to avoid a longer wait time
- Tutors are here to help you understand your course work, guide you in the right direction, or help you get past a problem you are struggling with. Our tutors are students, just like you. They are not professors, lecturers, TAs, nor professionals.
- Tutors are not here to do the work for you, nor should they be used as a way to not attend class. Often this means helping incrementally; they’ll help you with what you don’t understand and get you set on the right path, then let you try to work on your own. If you get stuck again, ask another question. It is important you understand and can do the work yourself
- At the end of each session, let us know how it went. You can rate your tutor and leave feedback to help us continue improving our program. If something is wrong, we don’t know unless you tell us!
- Before leaving the center- clear any pending questions from the queue and sign out
Additional support services
Whether you are on campus or many miles away, you can get help with your classes with Fulton Schools Virtual Tutoring. Gain access to tutors who are current ASU students and have successfully completed the courses they are tutoring. Now with Virtual Tutoring, you now...read more
Take advantage of this new student-led “drop-in” program, offering academic support and homework assistance to students in key first and second year Fulton Schools of Engineering courses (courses may include CHM 114, CSE 110, CSE 120, CSE 205, EEE 120, EEE 202, MAT...read more
Study Groups, are peer lead study sessions, where students who have excelled in these courses will lead students through concept reviews, study strategies, example problems and small group work. Study Groups are an hour long and will be available at various times and...read more
Our Virtual Tutoring program primarily supports ASU Online students majoring in the Fulton Schools. Virtual Tutoring is now available to ALL Fulton Schools students (courses offered depend upon student request and tutor capability). Location: Try Virtual Tutoring Hours: Mon-Thurs: 9am-10pm, Fri: 9am-6pm, Sat-Sun: 10am-4pm
Our CIDSE Tutoring Center is located on the first floor of the Centerpoint building. We offer tutoring in many different programming languages and CSE courses, in addition to other coursework relevant to the School of Computing, Informatics, and Decision Systems Engineering. Location: CTRPT 114 [map] Hours: Mon-Thurs: 9am-11pm, Fri: 9am-7pm, Sat-Sun: 10am-5pm
Located in Engineering Center G-Wing Room 104, this location provides tutoring mainly for Fulton Schools’ first-year students, promoting group study and effective learning strategies. Tutoring will be offered for most introductory courses, as well as general MATLAB support. Location: ECG 104 [map]Hours: Mon-Thurs: 9am-5pm, Fri: 9am-3pm
At the Engineering Tutoring Center @ ECF, we offer support for Physics, Math, and Engineering (Aerospace, Biomedical, Chemical, Civil, Construction, Electrical, Industrial, Material Sciences, Mechanical) courses.
Location: ECF 102 [map]
Hours: Mon-Thurs: 9am-11pm, Fri: 9am-7pm, Sat-Sun: 10am-5pm